1. We are an employment agency as defined in the Employment Act 1973 and offer our work finding service entirely free of charge.
2. We do not have any authority to enter into any contract with you on behalf of our employer clients. Any contract you enter into must be negotiated between you and our client directly.
3. We are not authorised to receive money from our clients on your behalf. Any payments made to you by our clients must be made directly by them to you.
4. We are not permitted to introduce you to a client until we have received the following from you:
4.1 Written evidence of your identity by means of (a) passport or photographic driving licence (b) evidence in the form of a receipt showing your address. (Please contact us if you have any difficulty in supplying these items).
4.2 Full details of your experience, training and qualifications and any necessary authorisation which our client considers necessary or which are required by law or by any relevant professional body.
5. IN THE CASE OF NANNIES you must in addition supply the following information required under the Conduct of Employment and the Employment Business Regulations 2003
5.1 Copies of any relevant qualifications or authorisations
5.2 Two references from persons who are not relatives and who have agreed that the reference they may provide may be disclosed to our client
5.3 Any other information which we may reasonably ask you to provide to ensure that you are suitable for the position concerned, including DBS (CRB) check.
6. We will give you the following information about any of our clients who are willing to consider your application for a position.
6.1 The identity of the Client and if applicable, nature of their business
6.2 Date upon which they require you to commence work
6.3 The position which the Client seeks to fill, including the type of work, location, hours during which you will be required to work and any risks to health or safety known to the Client and what steps the client is taking to prevent or control such risks.
6.4 The experience, training, qualifications and any authorisation which the client considers are necessary, or which are required by law, or by any professional body, for you to possess in order to work in the position.
6.5 Any expenses payable by or to you.
6.6 The minimum rate of pay and any other benefits which the client would offer to you and the intervals at which you would be paid.
6.7 Where applicable the length of notice which you would be required to give, or entitled to receive, to terminate your employment with our client.
7. You authorise us to provide to any of our clients all information which you supply, other than those job seekers who have opted not to have their details put on a published list.
8. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 you consent to our procuring personal data including sensitive data of which you are the subject. Sensitive data means personal data consisting of information as to racial or ethnic origin; political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature; membership of a trade union; physical or mental health conditions; sexual life; the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed, including the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
9. You undertake and confirm that all information that you supply to us in support of your application for work is full, complete and accurate. You acknowledge and understand that the information you supply is material to our clients decision to employ you and in the event of this information subsequently being found to be incorrect our client would be entitled to dismiss you and to claim damages.
10. We will not be liable to you for any loss, injury, damage, expense or delay incurred or suffered by you arising directly or indirectly from or in any way connected with any employment you take with any of our clients, including for instance, loss, injury, damage, expense or delay arising from or in any way connected with any act or omission of our client, whether wilful, negligent, fraudulent, dishonest, reckless or otherwise or any misrepresentation made by them but not so as to exclude or restrict any liability for personal injury or death resulting from negligence (as defined in the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977) nor any statutory liability or any exclusion or limitation which is prohibited by law.
11. You will undertake to indemnify us in respect of any all liability we may incur for any loss, injury, damage, expense or delay suffered or incurred by our clients arising directly or indirectly from or in any way connected with the misrepresentation or acts or omissions by you, whether wilful, negligent, fraudulent, dishonest, reckless or otherwise.
12. These terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.